Attempt This Online
Attempt This Online is an online sandbox environment for running code in an ever-growing list of programming languages, both practical and recreational. ATO was originally conceived as a replacement for the increasingly out-of-date Try It Online service.
To get started, click the button below to run some code.
- It's completely free of charge
- The software is open-source (available under the copyleft GNU Affero General Public License 3.0)
- We don't advertise or use any tracking technologies
- Regularly maintained: new languages and features are added by request all the time
- The interface is customisable (see the Preferences page)
If you have a feature suggestion, bug report, or request for a new or updated language, open an issue in the GitHub repository. Feel free to implement it yourself and submit a pull request!
You can also discuss ATO in the dedicated Stack Exchange chatroom.
I currently pay for ATO entirely myself (see the finances spreadsheet). Your support using any the following methods will be greatly appreciated.
- Make a one-time or recurring-monthly donation via GitHub Sponsors
- ATO runs on cloud servers from Hetzner. Sign up using my referral link to get €20 free credit. If you spend €10 (excluding the free credit), I'll get €10 credit to cover ATO's costs.